2014년 12월 1일 월요일

Phone recommendation for classroom use


I'm a teacher and have very little money. I'd like to purchase an android phone for my classroom so we can test our apps. (Still trying to get the emulator working). A friend showed me this website that offers used android phones. Could someone please recommend one for me? We don't need to make phone calls. I was thinking of the HTC Droid Incredible. I would love some advice on which would work best in my classroom. I'm a complete newbie and don't have a personal cell phone, appreciate any advice you have.

-- 

It's not as much the phone as the OS that's on it.  That HTC has 2.1.  That's really old.  The current, just released version is 5.0, and there have been MANY versions  in between.

My suggestion to you would be to call the main providers like Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile etc., and tell them your story.  They may have phones they've taken back that they're willing to give away for educational purposes.  You're not asking for hundreds, just one or two.

Try them first... you might be surprised.  If you tell them you're teaching students to build apps, they may just set you up with one or two that came back from customers...  They may also give you some educational deal on the service should you want to activate them.

-- 

Saw this on TV tonight:

http://www.net10wireless.com/#/

Check it out...

-- 

Thanks so much. Your suggestions are very helpful, and I'm going to check out the net10 phones!

-- 

hope it works out.  Please let us know how you make out with this...  What grades are you teaching?

--


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기