2017년 3월 31일 금요일

Cannot Find Symbol for blokytalky


Hey everyone! I have a compiler error ,and I am new to AppInventor so not sure where to look. Here is the error:

AiClientLib:
   [depend] Deleted 2 out of date files in 0 seconds
    [javac] Compiling 16 source files to /Users/zach/CodingProjects/newAppInv/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appengine/build/war/WEB-INF/classes
    [javac] /Users/zach/CodingProjects/newAppInv/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build/components/ComponentTranslation/src/com/google/appinventor/client/ComponentsTranslation.java:156: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     map.put("PROPERTY-NodeName", MESSAGES.NodeNameProperties());
    [javac]                                          ^
    [javac]   symbol:   method NodeNameProperties()
    [javac]   location: variable MESSAGES of type OdeMessages
    [javac] /Users/zach/CodingProjects/newAppInv/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build/components/ComponentTranslation/src/com/google/appinventor/client/ComponentsTranslation.java:161: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     map.put("EVENT-OnMessageReceived", MESSAGES.OnMessageReceivedEvents());
    [javac]                                                ^
    [javac]   symbol:   method OnMessageReceivedEvents()
    [javac]   location: variable MESSAGES of type OdeMessages
    [javac] Note: /Users/zach/CodingProjects/newAppInv/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appengine/src/com/google/appinventor/client/editor/youngandroid/BlocklyPanel.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] 2 errors

From what I can tell, Java cannot find the properties of MESSAGES ,but I am not sure where to go from here.

--
Hi there, it indeed looks like an issue with missing messages for internationalisation.
Are you writing your own component? If so, make sure you check out how to deal with messages in the docs.
If not, are you in latest master?

--
I am making my own component. I will check there first ,and report back. Thank you! :)

--
I am making my own component
or are you creating an extension?
For extensions: internationalisation is not relevant...
probably a short snippet of your code could help us to help you...

-- 
Apologies for the late response. Yes, I am making an extension. Here is my source code: https://github.com/ZachLamb/appinventor-sources

--
unfortunately it's very difficult to try and figure out what you are
doing from your github fork. It's easier if you work off a feature
branch instead of working directly on msater, so all your commits can
be seen at once.

Also, it seems like you haven't copied the sample.gitignore file into
a .gitignore file, so you have done a commit of things like .class
files. Your initial commit has changes in 300 files? It would be a lot
easier if you can clean up htat master branch and set git
appropriately.

--
Thank you for your response and feedback. As you can tell, I am very naive with git. I have added a gitignore based off of the sample gitignore. I also added a new branch and added in commits with comments on where I have made changes such as adding in the build files and a new file for the component that I am trying to make into an extension. https://github.com/ZachLamb/appinventor-sources/tree/blockyTalky. Does that help? 

--
Hi there, you haven't really cleaned up the first two commits, so you
still have class files all over the place. By the last two commits I
can see that you have a new file in runtime BlocklyTalky.java and have
modified a build file... anything else I am missing?

Have you modified GitBuildId or the ComponentsTranslation classes?
-- 
Hi, I actually have modified three build files. The one directly under the appinventor folder, the one under the BuildServer folder, and the one under the Components folder. No, I have not modified those files.

--
Hey Zack, are you sure this is an extension? (as in an App Inventor
Externsion aix?) It looks like a component, but I am not too familiar
with extensions, as I haven't had the time to try and write one yet.

If it's a component, you need to add the internationalisation code for
this to work; please see the notes at the end of this document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xk9dMfczvjbbwD-wMsr-ffqkTlE3ga0ocCE1KOb2wvw/pub#h.sajmtj7l1183
--
if you want to create an extension, probably a good idea is to try one of the available source codes, modify the package name and build it to see, if building an extension works fine for you. You can find source code for example extensions here http://appinventor.mit.edu/extensions

Then if you managed to build a simple extension successfully,  try an example extension, which uses an external library, for example the SoundAnalysis Extension.

Then if that also works fine, continue with your own extension...

--
Hey Taifun (and Jose),

Thank you both for helping me troubleshoot this ,and being patient with me. I apologize for the late response. I am an undergraduate ,and I have been working on final projects and studying for finals these past couple of weeks. I am taking your advice ,and starting from the ground up. :)

--

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기